Friday, July 22, 2011

Who is Using Who?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLlGopyXT_g

I've seen this video several times in the past. It evokes thought on our current cultures and it's use of the computer. By use of the computer I mean the web. Who really gets on the computer anymore and has no use for the web? I don't even have to worry with having Microsoft Applications when I have Google Docs.     Which brings me to the answer of a question my professor has given me. Why do I think the title of the video is the title? The Machine is Us/ing Us. Well I believe we have created (not me personally...I take no initial credit) this computer and the web. Everything we do on it links to other things. We tag pictures of people and things that connects us to other people and things, creating an even bigger web or connection.

I've recently been into a website called www.pinterest.com. If I ever come across a picture on the web I can link it (pin it) back to my account to share with my circle of friends. This is just another new way of linking and connecting with other people on the web.

So all we do on the computer is making the computer smarter. Hopefully we won't create a computer to use legs and arms... oh wait...sounds like a movie I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment